Let us enjoy a term association match. What is the first thing you feel of when I say, “Dehydrator”?
Prolonged-expression food stuff storage? Survival food stuff? Fruit leather? Beef jerky? Craft initiatives?
Hold out – “Craft initiatives?” From a food stuff dehydrator? What kind of craft initiatives can quite possibly use a food stuff dehydrator?
Really a handful of, in fact. Below are ten suggestions* to get you begun.
- Dried apples usually are not just for eating. Slice apples into rings, dust with cinnamon or nutmeg if wanted, and dehydrate. String them onto a duration of jute cord, alternating with other dehydrated fruits, nuts, cinnamon sticks, and colourful strips of cloth tied in bows. Tie a knot in each and every conclude of the cord or tie ends with each other. Hold it on a wall, previously mentioned a doorway or window, above a curtain rod. Drape it on a mantel or shelf.
- Fill a big ornamental jar with dehydrated fruits, nuts, berries, flowers, and cornhusks. Seal it with a restricted-fitting lid. Established it on a mantel, hutch, or table for a rustic glimpse.
- Do not toss out your flower bouquets! Dehydrate them even though they continue to have coloration, then use them in preparations, wreaths, or potpourri. You can dry the total flower or just the petals.
- Gown up your property sale, bazaar, or craft sale products. Tie dried flowers with a little bit of ribbon or twine, then set them in a vase, pitcher, or crock. Mason jars could maintain such treasures as dwelling-made path blend, dried fruit slices, and yogurt taffy. A quite bowl may well maintain potpourri.
- Glue dehydrated flowers, nuts, fruit, and seed pods onto wooden letters, then paint if wanted. Attach the letters to a wooden foundation for security. Spell out your name for a distinctive desk plaque. Use thicker pieces of wooden for individual, stand-by itself letters.
- Use your dehydrator as a swift way to dry papier mache, clay figures, or plaster-of-paris. Idea: You could want to line the base of your dehydrator with parchment paper sheets or a tray liner for easy thoroughly clean-up.
- Dough art is a exciting way to get the total family members into crafting! With a simple recipe and a very little imagination, you can change out dozens of dough ornaments, plaques, and figures – perfect for any situation! Using your dehydrator helps prevent the cracking, baking, breaking, and browning that can take place in the oven. When your do the job is dry, it’s completely ready to be painted and sealed.
- Make your own edible cake decorations in advance. Pipe frosting onto strong tray liners or plastic wrap sheets, then dehydrate. Have flowers, swirls, ropes, and dots completely ready when you need them!
- A basic wooden body gets to be a do the job of art when you attach dehydrated products to it. Personalize the body to enhance the photo it will maintain.
- Dehydrated citrus fruits – oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit – make exciting decorations. Slim slices tied with gold or silver cord can be hung on a Xmas tree or in a window. Use total fruits as candle holders, paint or carve whimsical faces on them, or set them out as air fresheners. You can even use the rinds to make modest dolls and animals.
With the property profits and fairs of summertime, the bazaars and craft profits of autumn, and the holiday seasons of wintertime, now is a terrific time to be crafting. What will be your next challenge?
*Some of these products could be big, demanding removeable trays and doorway for utmost drying room. Be guaranteed of your dehydrator’s capacity and abilities prior to commencing your challenge.